Firstly let me just say that this solution will probably not be helpful for people with lots of estimate/report templates because it can be time consuming, but if you are like me and only have one or two then it's not a bad solution.
So Daylite 4 (DL4) is a massive overhaul to the Daylite 3 (DL3) project management software from Marketcircle. It's been rewritten so there are lots of things that are different and some things won't migrate over. One of these (at time of writing) is the custom estimates you may have spent so long creating. In DL4 there is an option to import a report template - Daylite menu -> Preferences -> Report templates -> From the dropdown "Select Template from Disk". However it only imports a *.dl4report template not a *.dlreport (DL3) template. I had spent a long time branding a template that worked for my company so was discouraged by this but found a way around it.
Step by step
- Open DL3 and DL4
- In DL3 go to 'Actions' > 'Edit Print Layout or Report' > Select your template
- In DL4 go to 'Preferences' -> 'Report templates' -> 'New Template' > 'Estimate'.
- Give it a name and then choose 'Blank layout...'
- Click on the page and delete the body
- In the left pane click on Outline - you should now see two items: Report and Page
- Go back to DL3 and again click on Outline in the left pane
- Now, all you do is click the top level items in the left pane of DL3, press CMD+C (copy) then go to DL4 and CMD+V (paste) - it's had to do this 3 times (2 x Box items and 1 x Body)
- Once you are happy hit save.
Like I said it's not super quick, but quicker than starting from scratch. The only downside to this is if you have scripts that are DL3 specific then these will need to be individually updated in DL4.
If anyone has a better solution please share in the comments section below.
You can also ask the team questions over at the Marketcirlce forum.